Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Skype

Skype was revolutionary when it first hit the market. I remember being in Germany and people going on and on about this new thing called Skype and how easy it was to use to call home. And every Soldier's favorite part; it was free. As smartphones have become more and more popular, Skype has kind of fallen to the background. But, I still love it. I downloaded onto my daughter's iPad and she uses it to talk with her father, grandmother, cousin, and a friend that moved to England. And she loves that she can send messages on it. So, while her father is at work she records little videos and sends them to him with her 7 lines of emojis. It makes her feel like a grown-up with a grown-up phone she says (since I told her she was WAY off from getting her own phone). Now that Skype can be used on more than just a computer has made it a hot topic again. I am not sure who else is using it, but for me, it is a lifesaver. Before Skype, whenever she would be on my phone talking to a relative, I would be trying to work and I use my phone a lot for work. It was driving me crazy. Obviously, I want her to stay in touch and connect with our loved ones, but not when it costs me valuable work time. :) Skype saves me a giant headache, and to think, it was almost all but forgotten by many. *This is not an add for Skype*

No comments:

Post a Comment