Tuesday, November 8, 2016

What If?

I read What IF? by Karl Fisch (http://thefischbowl.blogspot.com/2006/09/what-if.html). While, at first, I was skeptical with what I thought he was going to say, I have to agree. By making a blanket statement that no one can use their electronic devices, you set up a system that is going to fail. I agree that there should be a school-wide meeting, as well as emails and letters home about when is appropriate and when is not appropriate to use these devices. The students should have to sign a copy and be punished accordingly if they abuse the use of these devices. The reality is, electronics are the future and they are a part of everyone's everyday life. We should embrace this and allow students to incorporate them into their learning, within reason of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment