Saturday, October 22, 2016

Open Office

One of the other open source software programs I chose was Open Office at openoffice.org. I decided to try this one for someone else. My mother recently upgraded her laptop and operating system to Windows 10 at my insistence. After she made the upgrade I learned that she was using Microsoft Works this entire time!!!!! Well, when she upgraded to Windows 10 it no longer worked for her and she was very angry (some at me for making her do it) because now she has to PAY. I get her irritation and when I saw this I thought, HA, I have a solution to her problem and she won't be mad at me anymore. Win/win, right.

Open Office and Microsoft Office are almost exactly the same layout-wise. The one difference I noticed immediately was the format options were to the right of the page view as well as above. I think this is the perfect fix to my mother's problem. I am willing to say, when my subscription expires I will switch to this as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment