Friday, October 14, 2016

TechCrunch Blog review

Hey, guys, I am doing a review of the blog TechCrunch (https://techcrunch.com/). I will start by saying that at first glance I thought, "Hmm. that's a lot of information on one page" but as I started to look around I kind of liked the lay of the land, if you will. The site itself is really easy to follow and I really liked how they had the time clearly stated so you knew how old the information you were reading is. I also liked that they mentioned which entries were sponsored. Not a lot of blogs do this. I found the titles of the blogs super easy to find and the description easy to follow. One thing that really hit a home run for me was the tab under the time stamp that let you know what the article dealt with, e-commerce, startup, AI, etc., this was amazing. It makes it even easier to find articles. Overall, I would say that TechCrunch is a blog I could find myself getting lost in. Virtual high-five to the developers.

My summary of TechCrunch falls in line with Brian William's from Viget (https://www.viget.com/articles/top-10-blogs-following-web-20) description, they definitely cover reviews of new companies but they also keep you updated with older companies too. There was an interesting read abut Uber's legal battles and Nike and Apple watch joining forces. TechCrunch gives you the details on new companies and what they are looking to achieve but they keep you informed on existing companies and what you should be aware of. Again, I really like this site.

Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment